Saturday, February 11, 2012

the multitasking gemini mind :)

It is no secret that I like watching movies only in theaters. I like watching at least one movie every weekend which I was unable to do for the last few. And today I watched Agneepath. While watching this movie I realized why I like coming to the theaters for the movies. Because it gives me solitude in crowd. It gives me license to cut myself off in a crowd. While i watch the full movie quite intently, my mind still throws forth thoughts that i keep eluding. In the middle of dolby digital surround sound and the light and the colors reflecting brightly I have a parallel thought running about how I have lead my life. What was right, what wasn't quite, what was beautiful and what wasn't so much. And then there are moments I keep confidently believing that I have erased from my memories, but guess it does not work that way. And all this happens while I am also comprehending the movie. So it is like that place for me where I sit and get entertained, and can meditate with open ears and eyes as well.  So I pass through all kinds of emotions, but almost always come out recharged and refreshed, ready for the next outing.


On a side note, I liked Agneepath. I have not seen the old one and this might have helped because I did not have comparisons running in my head.   

4 comments:

Addy said...

Vijay Deenanath Chavan poora naam
I dont think Hrithik can ever pull that line just like Mr B. But yeah liked the new one as well !

akhila said...

how true anu...

~anu~ said...

#Addy: I am sure he was no where near the Master, but he was good! And Rishi Kapoor did a great job too.

#Akhi: ? Really? Let me guess, you wanted to comment on the Kolkata post.

phatichar said...

I liked both the agneepaths..

The first one is of course, a cult movie. I must've seen it at least a half dozen times.